Monday 3 December 2012

A new beginning


December 1st 2012 will always be a day that I remember for two reasons.
The first will go down as one of my proudest angling moments as it was at the Sandown Carp Societies Show that I launched my first book, Evolution of an Angler. Many will know just how long this project took, the best part of a year, during which time I had to sacrifice time on the bank. Luckily my decision to write came at a good time as this year has to of been one of the worst in my living history and anyone who has been able to catch consistently has done well.
I managed to get a sneaky preview of the book in its finished state just two days prior to the show and the end product is more than what I had envisaged, so I must thank Paul, Cliff and all the team at Calm Productions for their expert advise and guidance.
The show itself went really well, and along with pre-orders, the best part of the 100 limited editions have been sold, yet there are still a few left, so if you don’t want to be disappointed you need to act fast and order yours online www.calmproductions.com
Arriving at the show around 8am on a frosty winter’s morning, I couldn’t have been welcomed more warmly and when I looked at the book laying next to me I felt quite honoured as it was Matt Hayes ‘Fisheye’. The other side of me were two of, what I call angling gents, Steve Fantauzzi and Ben Hamilton from ‘Thinking Anglers’ who kept me company all weekend. Although Mat was in demand all weekend he did ask if he could look at the book and whilst doing so we had a great conversation on fishing with our dads. Other angling greats were on the stand, Terry Hearn, Nigel Sharp, Gerry Hammond, and Terry Theobald all of which gave me a warm welcome as did Martin Bowler who ever wished me good luck with the book, so to all involved over the weekend, thank you. Rosie will also noticed that I have started to correct my bad habit!
If you didn’t get to the show but would like a signed copy of my book then I will be at Yateley Angling Centre on Saturday 15th December between 10am and 4pm. Look forward to seeing you then.

The second part of the story is that after more than five years at Korum I have decided that I need a new challenge. The hardest part of the decision was knowing that I would be leaving a group of anglers that I can honestly say have been brilliant. Working closely with anglers such as Chris Ponsford, Ade Kiddell, Dai Gribble, Nigel Botherway and Gary Knowles has been fantastic and I must thank them for all their kind words, some I have to say has put a lump in my throat. All the best guys and look forward to catching up some time.
Time to look forward and once again feel fortunate to be associated with an angler that has been kind to me for many years, one that noticed my potential more than a decade ago and took no time in signing me as a sponsor for the company he worked for then. Paul Garner isn’t just a brilliant angler, he’s an angler that I respect highly and being able to call him a friend as well means so much. Once again I feel relaxed, yet revitalised and for the first time in a while I’m looking forward to getting my teeth into some serious campaigns and doing what anglers know me for, catching big fish, however this time l will be wearing the Nash Peg One logo on my sleeve.

I must also apologise for my lack of blog entries. You will start to see these becoming more frequent and I will be keeping you updated to what I am getting up to, catching, along with some tips that might just help you catch a few more fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment