Wednesday 16 January 2013

Barbel fishing on the Wye



Last year I took my first tentative steps into guiding on the amazing river Wye. A week in September and another in October were booked and the response as well as the fishing was simply amazing. Those two weeks saw over one hundred barbel landed between the anglers as well as countless chub. The most barbel caught by one angler was sixteen with two others taking fourteen apiece!
Through popular demand I will be guiding once more on this fabulous river and the weeks that I have put aside are – September 2nd – 6th and Sept 30th – Oct 4th.
The cost includes all bait and terminal tackle (rods, reels are available if needed at no extra charge), tea and coffee whilst fishing as well as the day ticket price.
The stretch of river that I fished last year is very private and scenic and anglers can if booking more than one night spend the night under the stars. The stretch has what’s known as a banker swim which is great as if two friends decide to fish then they can swap over during the day which guarantees they both catch. I can also book you into local B&B if you require a more comfortable night. If you did join me last year and fancy a change of scenery then this can be organised as well.
The pike fishing on the Wye is also exceptional and it’s probably the best river in the country that gives you the chance of catching a 30lb plus specimen. Pike fishing starts on the 1st October and once again I know a few prolific stretches, so if you fancy a days barbel fishing then the following trying to catch a monster pike then l can accommodate.
Dates have already started to go so if you are interested then either email me duncancharman@me.com or call me on 01252 315271 or 07928 617006.

Cost per person is just £125 and is based on a maximum of two anglers per day.

If you fancy joining me on for a days pike or barbel fishing on the Wye but the dates shown are not suitable then please call me, I’m sure we can sort out a convenient date.

No comments:

Post a Comment