Tuesday 28 October 2014

Zander go on a feeding frenzy at Old Bury Hill.


Zander go on a feeding frenzy at Old Bury Hill.
After two contrasting days targeting barbel on the River Wye back in September it was good to get back on the banks with one of my regulars Barrie Edwards from Putney, this time for some reliable action.
Barrie wish was to catch his first ever zander and targeting the old Lake at Old Bury Hill no one would have put money against us doing just that, however my thoughts were on seeing him catch a double. I’m not exactly sure my statistics but I know of four anglers that I have guided here who have smashed my best from the venue, a fish of 12lb 13oz out of sight. In fact the lake record of 16lb 1oz fell to one of my customers so I’m not surprised if someone under my guidance lands a whopper!
Unfortunately the whopper never graced Barrie’s net but getting on for twenty fish did which was almost an all zander catch apart from two sardine loving bream! Barrie fished peg 35 on the long bank and using low resistant running rigs and sardine sections took zander to 8lb 10z and at times when the fish switched on could hardly keep a rod in the water.
Zander fishing at Old Bury Hill is restricted to daylight times only but there is a predator ticket available and members once familiar with the fishery can book the occasional after dark session which in my views is well worth the money, information and prices available from the fishery.
Alternatively anglers can do as Barrie did or Mark did the week before and book myself for a one-to-one predator session, however my availability is also limited so if you are interested best call or email me soon – 07928 617006 or duncancharman@me.com

No comments:

Post a Comment