Thursday 21 August 2014

Barbel Baggin Begins!





Barbel Bagging Begins!
Two customers enjoyed a hectic day this week on the river Wye at Hoarwithy. Meeting at 7.30am on a slightly chillier August morning than expected both Marcus and Jamie cast feeders filled with Nash sticky pellets and used drilled 8mm pellets on the hook to take at least ten barbel each including a couple of whackers pictured. The cold night obviously made a difference as the fishing was tough to start with but constant casting eventually got the fish into the swim with both anglers bent into barbel at the same time on occasions.
If you fancy a day like this then send me an email as I actually drove up and back in a day, tiring but possible and I’m happy to do this for two or more anglers. I also spend the best part of two weeks in September on this magical river one of which produced exactly 100 barbel to my clients last year and still have a few spaces available so email me duncancharman@me.com and I will forward what dates are still free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment